Saturday, December 3, 2011

Indulging my compulsive behaviors - and for a good cause!

It may seem as though my writing has fallen by the wayside these days - but it's not true! I've been writing a lot! And proofreading, and editing and having meetings, and.....

Ok, excuses, excuses. But I have taken on a new project. It went from becoming Chief Proofreader of Online Content (how's that for a title?) to Online Editor. And it happened pretty fast, but I guess that's the way of volunteer organizations, compounded by the ways of Korea.

I've always had a compulsive need to edit things. In many ways, being in Korea has made me better about it, since I can't edit all of the many, many mistakes around me. But I haven't completely let go of the urge, so it sometimes gets me into trouble, like when I try to edit the menu at a bar. They don't like that. So now I'm indulging my compulsive need to edit things in a constructive way. Enter Gwangju News Online.

GN Online is the brand new, online version of the well-established, monthly, English-language magazine here in Gwangju. We're still tweaking the site, but if you want to have a peak, it's here: www.gwangjunewsgic.com

 

I'm also contributing the occasional article to the print version. You can see my writing in December's issue here (scroll to the bottom to browse the magazine). My articles are on pages 20-21 and 33.

Now you can get your fix of Caity Teacher's writing, even when she's not updating her blog like a good girl.



1 comment:

  1. Yay, Caity! :-D It was great to read your writing "in print." I didn't realize that the phrase "chock full" is supposed to be "chocked full," but it makes sense grammatically. (Yay, learning!) It was great to see you advertise your writing on your blog, too. I've been doing so much of that on Facebook that I was starting to feel a little too narcissistic. Man, I wish I could've gone to the International Food Fair! "...sculptures of bread, sugar and chocolate"--That phrase alone won me over. And I noticed that you mentioned cheese. :-)
    Love you soooooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts/questions here! Please be kind and respectful. I reserve the right to delete excessively negative or disrespectful content. Thanks!